Luma Thailand Pass
In partnership with Luma Health, Pacific Prime Thailand offers the Luma Thailand Pass - an inbound travel insurance plan for Thailand insured by Tune Protect Insurance. The plan meets the requirements of the Thailand Pass and comes under 5 plans to suit the needs, trip duration, and budget of all travelers.
These plans include:
- Lite Plan
- Plan 1
- Plan 2
Note: A new premium for coverage between 1 to 14 days has been introduced for the Lite Plan (USD $10,000 limit)
Visa applications that accept the LUMA Thailand Pass include:
- Entry into Thailand (Thailand Pass)
- OA Visa Holders/applications
- Special Tourist Visas
- All Tourists on a Tourist Visit Visa
Note: The chosen period of coverage should match the applicants' VISA stay in Thailand.
The benefits of Luma Thailand Pass
- Starting from USD $10,000 cover (equivalent to THB ฿350,000 THB)
- Easy to apply for and secure in less than 5 minutes
- Now available for up to 365 days
- Available for travelers aged 1-75 years old
- Public Liability coverage of up to THB ฿850,000 for all plans
- And more
Terms and conditions:
- The insured must be between 1-75 years old. In the case of minors aged between 1-18 years old and buying with parents, the parents must sign on the insurance application form. For minors aged between 1-18 years old and purchasing only one insurance, the parents must provide additional details and sign the insurance application form.
- The insured can buy a maximum of 1 insurance policy and must be in good health with no disabilities.
- The policy does not cover pre-existing health conditions.
- Medical tourists cannot purchase this plan.
- The Company reserves the right not to accept insurance for the insured traveling to or through the provinces of Pattani, Yala, and Narathiwat.
- Travel within 30 days is subject to the minimum premium.
- Policyholders must settle payments with medical facilities upon getting treatment(s) and submit claims for reimbursements.
- Direct billing services can be offered on a case-by-case basis when contacting Customer Support before getting treatment.
Click the button below for a FREE quote now!
In partnership with AXA, individuals can apply for the AXA Sawasdee plan here at Pacific Prime to meet their travel insurance requirements in Thailand.
The highlights of the AXA Sawasdee plan include:
- Coverage of THB ฿1.75 million for medical expenses including COVID-19 and THB ฿1 million for personal accidents.
- Instant coverage after clearing immigration in Thailand and includes the period of Alternative Quarantine (AQ), Safety and Health Administration (SHA) plus hotels, and the Sandbox Program.
- Issuance of an insurance certificate clearly stating that COVID-19 is covered along with USD $50,000 and/or USD $100,000 on an annual limit as per the Thai Government’s requirements.
- No waiting period or deductible.
- Premiums including Stamp Duty: starting from THB ฿280!
Disclaimer: The policy is available to foreign expats and travelers only (Thai nationals are not eligible). The age limit is 1 - 74 years upon the policy start date and the duration of coverage must match the length of your stay in Thailand. You are not covered for any claims that arise from travel to, travel through, or travel in Pattani, Yala, and Narathiwat provinces. Applications will usually take 2-4 working days or less to process, and a certificate of insurance will be issued following completion.
Click the button below for a free quote now.
MSIG Inbound Basic
In partnership with MSIG, individuals (especially seniors and retirees) can apply for the MSIG Inbound Basic plan here at Pacific Prime to meet their travel insurance requirements for Thailand.
The highlights of the MSIG Inbound Basic plan include:
- Maximum coverage of THB ฿2 million for medical expenses as an inpatient due to COVID-19 per policy period
- A waiting period of 7 days
- Premiums starting from THB ฿999 for individuals aged 15 days - 60 years old (30 days coverage)
- Policies for individuals up to 99 years of age
- The Applicant must be a Non-Thai National who requires health insurance when applying for the Thailand Pass for traveling to Thailand.
- The Applicant must be aged between 15 days - 99 years old at the policy effective date.
- The Applicant can only apply for one insurance policy for the same period and must purchase insurance before entering Thailand.
- The coverage shall start when the Insured completes the arrival immigration process in Thailand and shall end when the Insured leaves Thailand or at the policy expiry date specified in the Policy Schedule, whichever is earlier.
- The Applicant should properly check with their local Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate regarding the insurance policy required for the type of visa applying for.
- MSIG shall refund the premium in full if the Royal Thai Embassy/Royal Thai Consulate does not accept this Insurance Policy.
Click the button below for a free quote.
Healthcare in Thailand
Thailand’s health system has made quick and steady improvements to modernize in the past few years. As a result, the country now stands as a frontrunner for the title of Asia’s medical hub. The state-of-the-art facilities, advanced technology, and internationally certified professionals and services mean you can expect a wide range of high-standard medical facilities.
Travelers to Thailand will not need to be concerned with the local state of healthcare, as the country moves to be a bigger player in the medical tourism market. The local public sector covers 99% of Thai nationals, while the private sector provides multilingual, world-class services to expats, travellers, and high net worth individuals.
Choose where to get care
Some Thai travel insurance policies let you choose where you get care. With our plans you can opt to be repatriated back home, or choose to get care at capable private hospitals.
Flexible benefits and levels of coverage
Get access to healthcare benefits to ensure you’re taken care of if you fall ill or injured. And, in addition to medical coverage, you’ll also be covered for travel-based events, such as lost travel documents or delayed/canceled flights.
Travel insurance vs. short term insurance in Thailand
Travel insurance policies are also commonly referred to as short term health insurance plans. These policies are designed simply to make sure you get home okay. Typical coverage will include limited inpatient treatment and will exclude any pre-existing conditions you might have.
Insurance broker vs. insurer
Traditionally, prospective clients typically contact the insurer and secure whatever plan is available. If lucky, the plans and deals on offer may be exactly what they are looking for. However, this isn’t always the case.
As an insurance broker, Pacific Prime Thailand offers several benefits that focus on both the insurer and client while remaining impartial throughout the process. One of these benefits is our expertise across various insurers and policies, as well as value-added services, claims analysis, claims assistance, and support. Our quotations are also offered on a no-obligation basis, which means you pay nothing to receive details and prices of the available plans you require.
Do I need travel insurance in Thailand?
Travel insurance policies are generally designed for short term visitors to a country; ensuring that any mishaps can be dealt with easily and quickly so you can continue to enjoy your trip. Of course, purchasing a local health insurance plan can provide more comprehensive coverage, and this can be an option if you’re concerned a travel plan won’t be adequate.
If you’re interested in travel insurance, contact us here for a quote.
Pacific Prime Thailand
Look no further than Pacific Prime for the best travel insurance quotes in Thailand. Our expert insurance advisors have over 20 years of experience in providing travelers and expats with a wide range of insurance solutions from some of the world’s best providers. If a short-term visit to Thailand is on your calendar, don’t hesitate to contact Pacific Prime Thailand for 100% unbiased advice and a FREE quotation.